South African syllabus
The world is in desperate need of more people to plant Gospel-centered, mission-driven, Spirit-empowered, reproducing churches. Church planting, when done right, is still the single best way to fulfill the Great Commission.
The Advance Church Planters Course (ACPC) equips suitable people to effectively to plant and lead Gospel-centered, missional, Spirit-empowered and reproducing churches.
Other than recommendation by trusted church leaders, there will be an initial assessment process that proves the suitability of the person for church-planting. If you are already a church leader no such assessment will be required.
LENGTH AND FORMAT OF THE COURSE
The course format differs depending on region. The standard format is a 2 years commitment, and consisting of 6 modules. Each module is 10 weeks long. Participants can start at any point in the 2 year cycle as the modules are not sequential. A standard module consists of four components:
- Reading and listening: Several weeks working through readings and audio recordings.
- Cohort: You meet 1-3 times per module with your cohort – a small group of fellow students, to discuss findings.
- Intensive: You meet once per module with a larger group of fellow students for 1-3 days where you will be exposed to several leading practitioners and can develop relationships with other planters and leaders.
- Assignments: complete and hand-in two 8-12 page papers.
PARTICIPATION OF MARRIED COUPLES
Since church planting is a venture that requires full commitment from both husband and wife ideally both should participate in the course. Some wives choose to do only some aspects of the course and students are free to participate individually.
The fee structures for different countries are available from the Course Coordinators in each region.
- Mission + Contextualization
- Self Leadership + The Spirit’s Power
- Church planting
- Bible & Gospel + Preaching
- Growing discipleship + Growing the church
- Raising your leadership + Raising leaders
HOW TO REGISTER
For more information and registration details, please contact Dave Adams